Sunday, April 08, 2007

Dinner for One

Nothing says "I love myself" like cooking yourself a delicious meal on a Saturday night. Now, you may be thinking why dinner for one? Well, to be honest, I wanted the entire bottle of Yellow Tail chardonnay for myself. Okay, okay - I lie. Here is important lesson number one: No matter how fabulous the book store is, how many gadgets there are to look at Sur De Table, or how much you enjoy a latte from Peets, you must always remember to invite someone over. Lesson learned.

The Menu:

Roasted Red Peppers & Ricotta Crostini

4 red peppers
1 fresh baquette
1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
1 1/2 cups ricotta cheese
40 grinds fresh black pepper
1 container broccoli sprouts





Garlic-Sauteed Spinach

10 ounces curly, whole leaf spinach
3 tablespoons evoo
4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
Salt







Chicken Scaloppine with Lemon-Caper Sauce

2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
15 grinds fresh black pepper
Olive oil
1/3 cup white wine
2 tablespoons capers
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
1/2 lemon


Optional: Down a glass of wine and pump up some Feist - I think food tastes better if you move your hips as much as possible during the prep.


An hour and three glasses of wine later, you get:



All in all a great meal!

If you would like to be my guest for an upcoming Blog-O-Meal, send me a message - special considerations for those who have a background in shooting food. Until next time!



All recipes courtesy of Dave Lieberman's Dave's Dinners

2 comments:

Lilly Buchwitz said...

If you invite me for dinner, I will gladly bring the bottle of Yellow Tail. I'll even bring two, so you can have your own.

Jonathan Carmona said...

Sold.