Monday, April 09, 2007

Books, Cooks and Magazines

Have you ever noticed that when you're completely stressed out you tend to buy in mass quantities? Over the past few days I've accumulated enough books and magazines to warrant a new bookcase. Here is a sample of what I bought:

Books:
How to Put Your Book Together and Get a Job in Advertising by Maxine Paetro.
This book was recommended by C.F @ Deutsch NYC for those interested in working as a creative.








Truth, Lies & Advertising
by Jon Steel
Recommended by S.J @ RPA L.A for those interested in strategic planning.










Then We Came to the End by Joshua Ferris
Recommended by L.B @ SJSU for inquisitive minds (it's a novel, a juicy one at that).










Magazines:
V - Spring 2007
It says it's The Biggest V Ever! All I care about is the working Girls spread by Mario Testino - it's fucking brilliant!









V Man - Spring/Summer 2007
I had to. I mean, it's V but with more men.











Ready Made - April/May 2007
They have a pot rack made from a bicycle wheel!











HOW - 2007 Design Annual
It was a bit pricey at $15, but it's like a who's who in the design world + it also has strategies for presenting a winning portfolio - who doesn't want that?





Cooks:

Everyday Pasta by Giada De Laurentiis
The book was my "ticket" to see her at Sur De Table on April 21st - can't wait to gush over her.












Barefoot Contessa at Home
by Ina Garten
Seriously - she needs to teach marriage counseling. I'm convinced she's the only woman in America that is qualified to do so - her husband has been madly in love with her for over 20 years and I'm betting her cooking has a lot to do with it.





Dave's Dinners by Dave Lieberman
Can I just tell you that I became totally interested in him for all the wrong reasons. But really now, can you blame me? If you can't answer this - you need to check out his show (even his website is sexy!)

1 comment:

Lilly Buchwitz said...

Dang! Did you really buy Then We Came To The End? Crap. I bought you one as a congratulations on your internship present! How very O. Henry of me, don't you think?