Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Orange: Hello

One of the best lessons I ever learned while working on campaigns for Nature Valley, Levi's and Mentos was that good advertising is universal. True, targeted spots reign supreme, but every once in a while I come across something that reminds me that no matter what we look like, who we love or where we live that we are in essence the same beings.

Take "Hello" from Access Leo Burnett for Orange:



Does anyone know where I can find the radio spot and print executions? I'd like to see how the rest of the campaign works out.

___________

Random side note:

I could not get the spot out of my head today - in particular the song that accompanied it. Sitting in my room, I thought: Self, where do you know that whiny voice from?

I answered: He's that sensitive one you saw at Pomona College years ago when you were 19 and madly in love with someone who didn't love you back.

So I thought to myself: Perhaps, this song, that voice - perhaps that's one of the reasons why this spot resonates so well with me.

The song: First Day of My Life
The Artist (whom I'm not a big fan of): Bright Eyes

The video (pass me a Kleenex)

No comments: