Thursday, September 28, 2006

How I love me some BUTT



More Fagzine than Mag-azine, BUTT is perhaps one of my favorite naughty yet nice magazines. I stumbled upon BUTT at a friends apartment more than five years ago. I was instantly attracted to it's trademark Pepto-Bismol colored, thick, pungent, paper. What I found within was even more tantillizing than the chonie-clad euro on the cover. Articleles on tricky Tricks; interviews with the likes of Casey Spooner, Michael Stipe and John Waters; and photos of mens fannies in all their beastly glory.


AMEN! I said with each flip of the page. This was no Advocate, Genre, or XY bullshit. BUTT, pure and simple, is a magazine for and about homosexuals who don't give a fuck about waxing their buttcracks or vacationing in Palm Springs - screw the White Party!

Most of the articles are written by amateur writers, often down in Q & A format, however the Q's are usually questions that some never have the balls to ask which lead to some pretty interesting A's. Advertising you say? They've got that. From the likes of Marc Jacobs, American Apparel and various art galleries and theaters.

Now I know, some will be timid, but I will be carrying around a copy or two with me for the next several weeks if you care to take a gander. Don't be shy, you might even find yourself hunting it down and handing over the $8.95 on a quarterly basis - hopefully with a sly grin and impure thoughts. Cha-cha-cha!

4 comments:

Jonathan Carmona said...

I just realized that the photo on the BUTT website has updated. TASTY!

Kelley said...

Love it! Thanks for telling us about something other than Entertainment Weekly or Maxim. I will have to check out one of your issues because I doubt Butt will be coming to a grocery check out near me anytime soon:)

Anonymous said...

hey..would love to read one next class if you have it. ;) dont mind if i do.. ! lol

Anonymous said...

I learn so much from my students.