Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Consume This


I swallow my media with food. In my eyes, tortilla chips and salsa go great with PBS, Flannery O'Connor and Sean Cody; often, all at once. To me, my mouth is a natural extension of my curiosity. Take for example, the documentary I watched this evening on Osama Bin Laden while devouring four wedges of baklava. Such an appropriate combination of docudrama and buttery sweetness make me feel complete. So you can imagine my outrage that food was left out of the media consumption survey. For that reason, I add the following questions:

1. I do _ do not _ snack on foods while consuming media.
(If you do, proceed to question #2, if you do not, you're a sad, sad person and jesus/allah/buddah/etc. does not love you)

2. I enjoy the following foods while consuming media:


3. Estimate in ounces the amount of food you eat per week while:
- watching tv _
- reading a book/magazine/newspaper _
- watching a movie _
- listening to the radio _
- cruising the internet _

Multiply each by 52 then go HERE to convert into pounds. If you consume more snacky pounds per year than you
acutally weigh, then (in the words of Ms. Jackson) You're Alright With Me.

For those prying eyes, I consume Craigslist.com, Paula Deen's Home Cooking, Flaunt and stolen music entirely way too often - - And all with food.

2 comments:

Amir said...

1. I DO snack on foods while consuming media. I guess I've loved by a diety. Which one? I dunno.


2. I enjoy the following foods while consuming media:
-soylent green

3. Estimate in ounces the amount of food you eat per week while:
- watching tv: 200
- reading a book/magazine/newspaper: 1300
- watching a movie: 42
- listening to the radio: 3650
- cruising the internet: lots

200+1300+42+3650+lots=infinite

(52)X(infinite)= you're the king of wit

Anonymous said...

Very clever!

But don't get me started on the chips vs. popcorn issue.... :-)