Wednesday, March 18, 2009

What does my phone say about me?

Right this very second, I'm sitting atop the 8th floor of my school's library (it's the quiet floor) and I'm checking out Wieden Kennedy's website - you know, because I want to learn more about them. I rarely get this excited about ads but then I came across their work for Nokia (done by the London office) - and I'm floored. Actually, I'm not. I'm dancing (very Monica Belluci-like in Irreversible). Here's some of the work:




(Check out their Youtube channel: Somebody Else's Phone for more vids)

The spots are chaotic, like a bad/good night (depending on how you look at it) straight out of a Bret Easton Ellis novel. The question: What does your phone say about you?

So here goes -

Photos:
  • 188 pictures of my childhood - apparently left over from a project I did for my Psych of Personality class where I used Erickson's model of development to explain my life (Lush)
  • Pictures of my roommate - on bike/smoking/laying atop a grassy knoll
  • A Day at the Academy of Arts and Sciences
  • Me playing with a rat
  • Me cooking - mac n cheese, marinara sauce
  • Not so kosher pics of me kissing puppy
Text Messages:
  • Lots of Twitter messages (apparently Brian feels fat)
  • A bad dog joke I sent to puppy that I killed
  • A message asking my roommate if she'd like to "suck my toes?"
  • Shit talk about someone - who? I'll never tell
Videos:
  • None - iPhones don't do videos (wtf?)
Apps
  • Expando: A game I downloaded after I heard the developer was implicated in Gmail shutting down a few weeks ago - and, she's a Tranny!
  • Labyrinth
  • B of A
  • Pandora
  • Loopt
  • Tap Tap
Voicemail
  • My mechanic telling me my car is a piece of crap
  • A girl from a group project telling me she's running late to a presentation (sigh)
  • A MAIP semi-finalist telling me about her interview at Butler, Shine, Stern & Partners
  • A very embarrassing vm from my former boss
Music
  • The Ballet
  • Santogold
  • B-sides of Glass Candy
  • PJ Harvey
So question to you all - What does my phone say about me?

11 comments:

BrianC83 said...

It says that you're like a mullet without the "party in the back". And that I feel fat.

Jonathan Carmona said...

Profound - Deep - I like it.

Faith said...

You are one vain featherplucker.

Evidence: Enough pictures of yourself to decoupage a laptop. Smack talk. Requests for sexual favors. iPhone.

Easily bored

Evidence: Time consuming games, Twitter messages.

In possession of human heart

Evidence: Animal pictures. Ability to admit embarrassment. Helping others (MAIP, group project)

I'd give you a Freudian reading but I'm too busy deeply repressing my memories from early childhood.

Jonathan Carmona said...

Sorry Brian - Faith wins. Are you sure you don't want to be a planner? You have glasses, which basically means you've got your foot in the door.

Jonathan Carmona said...

BTW Faith - is it safe to say I'm free of spelling errors today?

BrianC83 said...

she only won because she used the word "decoupage"

Jonathan Carmona said...

Jesus - you're actually right Bri. I was all "Ohhhh'd" & "Ahhhhh'd" by Faith's word usage. Fancy pants.

Faith said...

"I was all "Ohhhh'd" & "Ahhhhh'd" by Faith's word usage." More proof I need to be a copywriter, no? Or maybe a phone sex operator.

And yes, your spelling is fine.

For now.

Jonathan Carmona said...

Have you ever seen Girl 6? Naomi Campbell is ahhh-mazing in it!

Jamie said...

Do you still have that shirt?

Jonathan Carmona said...

I wish! My mom always had really great fashion sense - she dressed me up in short-shorts until I was in the 6th grade.