Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Internship: Goodness Manufacturing


Yesterday
I posted internships at a few boutique agencies throughout the US. Well guess what - add one more to the list: Goodness Manufacturing is currently looking for stellar copywriter interns (Spring & Summer).

The 411 on Goodness Manufacturing:

The agency is located in Venice Beach, CA and was founded by five ex-Crispin Porter + Bogusky-ites who had key roles in the following brands:
  • Burger King (Subservient Chicken + the creepy Burger King)
  • Miller Lite/Miller High Life/IKEA (Unboring - btw, Paul -THANK YOU for "Lamp" and all the uncontrollable fits of laughter that came along with it - I redecorated my room because of that spot)/Gateway
  • The Truth Campaign
  • Nike/Coke/Microsoft
  • Check out more of their work on their site
I just have to say, if you're not suffering from an epileptic seizure after reading that you should probably consider taking up horticulture. Don't take my word for it - take his.

Here's the message from Goodness:

"hi! i'm from goodness Mfg. and we are currently in the market for interns for spring/summer. we're looking for an awesome copywriter intern and offering a weekly stipend. resumes/books/cookies can be sent to kbell (at) goodnessmfg (dot) com"

I'm going to salivate a bit - but if I were a copywriter, I'd not miss an opportunity to work with Goodness. You'd be learning from some of the best minds in the business who have the track record to prove it.

That said, get your book all prettied up (I can give you some damn good recipes for oatmeal cookies too) - Good Luck!

8 comments:

Tran said...

JONATHAN!! Thanks for everything!! This is Tran btw! I'm going to be interning at Campbell Mithun (Minneapolis) this summer :)

How was the city?? :)

Tran said...

I was on the facebook MAIP group!

Jonathan Carmona said...

Tran -

Congrats on landing the internship!

Minneapolis is rad - but like with any city, it is what you make of it. I'm not sure what scene you're into so I can't go into too much detail, but I can tell you that it offers something for everyone.

BTW - did you you land your internship through MAIP or through The Lucky 13?

grego said...

Wow, I feel like I've hit college senior info mecca.

I'm trying to contact Goodness MFG, who should I address my stuff to? Do you know who is kbell...?

Thanks man!

Jonathan Carmona said...

Grego -

Glad you like Carmonize - I hope the content drives you in the right direction.

The only info I have on Goodness is what I c+p onto the blog post. I sent a thank you email but never received a response so I can't tell you if K stands for Karen, Kris or Kabbalah.

I suggest you ring up Goodness if you want to find out who Kbell is - let me know what you find out!

grego said...

I think K is for Katie:

http://ideaschangeeverything.wordpress.com/2009/03/24/looking-for-an-internship-in-the-states/

Jonathan Carmona said...

Case closed!

Thanks Grego

Anonymous said...

Interesting post... Looks like solid state memory is really starting to take off. Hopefully we'll start seeing decreasing SSD prices in the near future. $5 32 gig Micro SDs for your Nintendo DS flash card... sounds good to me!

(Posted using OperaMod for R4i Nintendo DS.)