Monday, March 09, 2009

Internship: COLABORATORY Deadline is April 10th

UPDATE: The deadline for COLABORATORY has been pushed back to April 10, 2009. Even more time to make that app dazzle.


Internship season isn't quite over. In fact - it's not over until you get your offer in writing. That said, if you're going to apply to just one more internship, apply to COLABORATORY.

COLABORATORY is an internship program brought to you by the Portland Ad Federation. Read my original post to find out the basics.

The following agencies will be participating in COLABORATORY:
One of the best aspects of COLABORATORY is the opportunity to work with not one, but three of the agencies listed above. As someone who's played the internship game, I think it's an incredibly unique opportunity to see what the culture is like at each agency.

What also makes COLABORATORY so unique is that the interns work on a campaign pitch to a local client. Though their website veils the client in mystery, I want to let you in on a little secret: It's Columbia Sportswear's International Division. (My reaction to this starts at 2:30)

Just a heads up, their application is extremely intense (as it should be) so you should definitely put some time into it. I mean, if they've created a cheat sheet for the application, you should know they mean business.

Your application must be submitted by March 31st. Good Luck!



4 comments:

Lilly Buchwitz said...

Of course you realize that I will forever, from this point forward, associate you with Pee Wee Herman in my mind.

Jonathan Carmona said...

Little known fact: Pee Wee's Playhouse was my fav show to watch on Saturday Mornings. Despite Paul Ruben's penchant for wang-handling, I still love the guy.

Unknown said...

Hey Jonathan,

Thanks again for another post on PAF's internship COLABORATORY. The deadline for applying has been pushed back till 4/10/09. Just wanted to let you know so you could pass this along to your readers.

Thanks for helping to spread the word!

Jonathan Carmona said...

Always happy to spread the word. FYI - I may be in Portland next week. I'd be great to speak with someone from PAF/COLABORATORY while there. I'll be in contact with you if Portland is a GO.